01 July 2012

Do You Have A Question Google Can't Answer?






**Author's note: I am now accepting questions for my "Stump Google" feature! Please read this post for information!**

Okay, it was a tough decision to find out if I want to add something else to my plate of "stuff I need to follow up on but will feel bad if I don't."

But for this I want to give it a shot.

If it fails terribly, chalk it up to experience.

Now, a couple of weeks ago I asked you guys about a news story that I wanted to find more information about. It was just something I could never find on Google because I would always end up with results that didn't give me what I was looking for!





Well, it turns out one of my readers knew the story and they were able to find it (by googling it if you can believe). Read the post to find out what happened.

And Robin over at the blog Crime and Literature found out the answer and she won the whole month of July for her button to be featured on my blog. (I even made one for her - check it out!)

See? Isn't it cool!!


And since she answered the question so early, she also got feature time during the month of June.

So, have you ever had this happen?

You just know the answer to something you are looking for is out there, but damn it, you just can't find it! (And I don't mean to pick on Google, but that just happens to be the search engine I use)

Well, here is where I come in.

I want to know what that question is. I want to know the details.

Because I want to have an ongoing feature to help YOU find the answers you are looking for.

Right now I won't limit the types of question you can't find the answer to (although please keep them PG-13 if you can).

And I'm still figuring all of this out, but if you have a serious question you have been struggling to figure out the answer to, email me. It can be a movie you can't think of, a book you can't remember the title of, an actor you want to know the name of, a toy you had growing up that you are looking for to buy...something. Anything.

For right now, I want to see where this goes and the types of questions that come in. I imagine this will be a monthly deal and the person who has the winning answer will be featured on my blog for a month (as well as the "asker's" blog if they decide).

So tell me...do you have a question Google can't answer? If so, email me at npyles86[at]gmail[dot]com.

31 comments:

  1. This is a great idea. I hate when I have a question that I am unable to get answered. Stopping by from SITS Sharefest - have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Feel free to email me if you thInk of something!

      Delete
  2. I'm trying to think of a question I can't answer :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll think of something!! :) I've already had two people email me so far!

      Delete
  3. I can never find anything. However, when I ask my husband to Google the same thing, he finds it right away. I have no idea why.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that weird when it happens?? But if you ever have something he can't find, feel free to let me know. :)

      Delete
  4. I love this idea! I know how frustrating it is to search Google- rewording your query several times- and still not finding what you want. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Let me know if you think of any questions! :)

      Delete
  5. I suppose you could always ask what the true value of pi is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh goodness...I'm not too sure about that one...

      Delete
  6. Several. I have also asked several questions where I have discovered that google is wrong. What can be done about that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooohh if there are any you still need answered, send me an email! :)

      Delete
    2. I just cross-referenced an article where the author asked the same Google search as a question on Twitter. He said the Twitter reply was much more satisfying. So your 6-degree social network of real people may be a better place to start.

      Delete
  7. Is the a symbol [images] for denouement? And yes, that is a great idea. I hope you get lots of interesting questions. That was the only one I could remember for the moment, but I know there have been loads of others.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, there is:
    1. Do fish get thirsty?
    2. If you was traveling at the speed of sound, could you hear the radio?
    3. Can you cry underwater?
    4. Can you blow up a balloon underwater?
    5. Why can't Google answer some questions?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Why do lightning bugs rise slightly when glowing while flying?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have this happen ALL the time! In fact, I found this blog searching "I ask questions Google can't answer". I either get a complete mis-interpretation of my meaning, or the replies are "AD-worded" and gamed to lead to some sales blog or video that I'd never watch. I forgot last night's query, but I'll send you some of my real stumpers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Please do! I hope you send me some of your questions!

      Delete
  11. Here's a cross-reference (I'm posting this article on his blog, too). SEO/Ad Words is a BIG part of the problem, the fire-breathing dragon in the garden.
    http://goldencompass.com/what-google-doesnt-know-will-surprise-you/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes! Why does the creepypasta character Ticci Toby Wear a mask and goggles? Whenever i search it on google it comes up with fanfictions and crap >.> please answer!! :3

    ReplyDelete
  13. What does it mean..when your bar disappeared on where's my refund. Then comes back..I had to turn in 8862 to my advocate. Does this mean I'm back to processing.
    .is that a good thin

    ReplyDelete
  14. What does it mean..when your bar disappeared on where's my refund. Then comes back..I had to turn in 8862 to my advocate. Does this mean I'm back to processing.
    .is that a good thin

    ReplyDelete
  15. Why do two ASUS Smart Gestures randomly appear in the bottom charm bar sometimes if the virus scans I run tell me that nothing harmful or malicious is present on my computer? (Windows 8.1 OS, ASUS laptop)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Who was the last living member of the old gangs of newyork

    ReplyDelete
  17. Google couldn't answer my question: What is the average weight of an African American 6 month old baby?

    ReplyDelete
  18. I had a toy in the eighties. It was two planes,each attached by a wire to a center hub. Each plane had a remote control with a trigger that controlled speed. It sat low to the ground. I can't find the maker or a picture. Help me.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  20. i need help finding the name of a novel and have been searching online for weeks. Its a murder mystery romance about a woman who lives in DC. She leaves her job late after looking at online dating sites and witnesses a murder in the alley who then chases after her. She runs and finds a populated place but slips on the stairs trying to get help and hits her head. She's taken to the hospital where she meets the detectives, one of which she ends up falling in love with, but because of the head injury, she can't remember anything about the night of the murder. I read it about 7 maybe 8 years ago and would love to read it again if i could remember the name.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo I love looking for things like that!! If you could, send me an email to npyles86 at gmail dot com! And I'll put a post together!

      Delete
  21. I'm so damn frustrated by having to reword such a simple question so many times I feel like smashing "Joe Google" in the face.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! The good, the bad, and the ugly, so tell me what you have to say! And if you like what you read (or at least find yourself entertained), follow my blog to read more. Although I'm not always able to respond to comments immediately, I appreciate every one of them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis

All Blog Posts Belong to Nicole Pyles. Powered by Blogger.